Application deadline: 16 July 2021
Beginning of term : As soon as possible
Employment type : indefinite duration
Work schedule: full time — 35 hours per week (flexible and variable schedule)
Salary : $38,000 – $45,500 per year based on experience + 5% RRSP + phone plan + extended vacation days based on experience
Other information : bilingualism required (French and English)
Location : 22, Church street, Suite 431, Moncton, New Brunswick, E1C 4Z3
Under the immediate supervision of the Entrepreneurship Project Coordinator, the Outreach and Development Officer will be in charge of providing personalized support for individuals or small youth groups to help them set up their own initiatives in order to improve their communities. Their tasks will include:
- Recruit volunteers (program participants), especially at kiosks or virtual recruitment activities
- Mobilize volunteers: follow up from their application to their participation in a volunteer project (answer their questions, make sure they stay motivated, follow up on administrative and logistical matters)
- Provide personalized support for individuals or small groups of volunteers in their project realization (mentoring)
- Lead workshops (identifying entrepreneurial skills and community needs, planning resource management, writing a review, etc.) for small groups
- Lead training weekends for future volunteers
- Lead an intercultural volunteer project in Canada once a year (two- to three-week-long)
- Ensure the organization is represented at promotional events and kiosks
- Ensure the organization is represented at events organized by volunteers
- Post on social media
Budget and Administration
- Help volunteers with their project budget (training, preparation and support)
- Oversee the use of grants given to volunteers
- Ensure accountability for volunteer projects
- Support the social entrepreneurship project team with administrative tasks (follow up on cases, file emails, invoices and volunteer expense accounts, archive files, etc.)
- Practical, responsible and well organized (intrapreneurial management within the organization)
- Self-sufficient and proactive
- Great at communicating effectively
- Capable of working alone or in a team
- Good at managing changes
- Have a degree in facilitation, community development, education, social sciences or a related field, or have relevant life experience.
- Chantiers jeunesse strongly values life expertise and will take into consideration the candidate’s lived experience instead of their formal education.
- Demonstrate knowledge and concrete achievements in project development and an entrepreneurial spirit through training or experience
- Be fluent in written and spoken French and English
- Be skilled in managing volunteer resources
- Be familiar with community action and social development
- Have experience with a diverse clientele such as Indigenous people, teenagers (15 to 17 years old), newcomers, young families, youth living below the poverty line or with a disability, etc.
- Be able to travel in the Greater Montreal area and elsewhere in Canada occasionally
- Master computer tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and social media
- Hold a Class 4B licence or be able to obtain it at their own expense no later than 3 months after being hired
- Be available evenings and weekends occasionally
How to Apply?
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com before 11:59am on 16 July 2021. Applications will be considered as received.
Please name your documents as follows:
- LAST NAME_First name_OutreachEntrepreneurship_resume
- LAST NAME_First name_OutreachEntrepreneurship_letter
We would like to thank all the applicants for their interest, however we will only be contacting candidates selected for an interview.