- Application deadline: Thursday, July 16th, 2020
- Beginning of term: between July 27th and August 10th, 2020
- Employment type: indefinite term
- Work schedule: full time — 35 hours per week (flexible and variable schedule)
- Annual wage: $27,300 to $36,400 based on experience + 5% RRSP + group insurance + extended vacation days
- Other information: bilingualism required (French and English)
- Address: 4545 Pierre-De Coubertin Avenue, Montréal (QC) (Pie-IX metro station) – remote work until August 31st, 2020, due to COVID-19
If you’re looking for a job where you can use your skills to help youth develop their full potential and work with a dynamic team, look no further!
Context: As the third implementation phase of our Canada-wide program Leadership in Your Own Hands begins, we are rebuilding our team and rethinking our procedures in order to make the project last. The program is funded by Canada Service Corps.
Chantiers jeunesse believes that a diverse team is stronger. So, Indigenous people, people belonging to a marginalized ethnic or cultural group and people with disabilities are welcome to apply.
Job Description: CONTENT CREATOR, COMMUNITY MANAGER
We are looking for a passionate and creative person to create engaging content on social media. Under the immediate supervision of the Communication Manager, the candidate will perform all tasks related to social media feeds and visual tool design (videos, images and photos) as well as support all communication projects for all programs.
Social Media Management (60%)
- Participate in the development of social media communication strategies for Chantiers jeunesse’s accounts
- Establish publication schedules for the different platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Design, write and publish quality content (weekly posts, stories, advertising, campaign, etc.)
- Manage online communities (reply to comments and messages, etc.)
- Monitor performance reports carefully to optimize results
- Keep up with current awareness and make recommendations based on communication trends
Graphic Design (20%)
- Design and create visuals for promotional purposes with the Canva (images) and Powtoon (videos) tools
- Handle communication tools for staff members, ambassadors, alumni, volunteers, partners, etc.
- Prepare training on communication tools for the staff, camp leader and ambassador teams, etc.
- Support the communication strategy for each program
- Participate in the production and publication of promotional material and communication documents for external and internal use
- Participate in CJ events
- Excellent marketing, writing, research and communication skills
- Able to develop content strategies and manage editorial calendars
- Practical, responsible and well-organized
- Self-sufficient and initiative-taking
- Able to work alone or in a team
- Focused on the needs of youth and community satisfaction
- Able to adapt to unpredictable developments in a fast-paced environment
- Have a degree in communication, marketing or a related field, or relevant life experience
- Having real-life experience is an important asset. Chantiers jeunesse strongly values life expertise and will take into consideration the candidate’s lived experience instead of their formal education.
- Have concrete experience and knowledge about community and social media management
- Be fluent in written and spoken French and English
- Expertise with Facebook Business and Canva tools
- Have some knowledge of Adobe suite (asset)
- Understand the community sector (asset)
- Have experience with different clienteles such as Indigenous people, teenagers (15 to 17 years old), newcomers, young families, youth living below the poverty line or with a disability, etc.
- Be inclusive when writing and creating content
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, July 16th.
Please name your documents as follows:
- LAST NAME_First name_Communication_cv
- LAST NAME_First name_Communication_letter
We would like to thank all the applicants for their interest.