Application deadline: October 30, 2021
Beginning of term : As soon as possible
Employment type : 30-week contract
Work schedule: full time — 35 hrs/week (flexible and variable schedule)
Salary : $31,200
Other information : bilingualism required (French and English)
Location : 4545, avenue Pierre-De Coubertin, Montréal (QC) (métro Pie-IX)
This position’s primary responsibility involves compiling funding leads and working to implement the training and introduction to social engagement program within schools, community organizations and public organizations. Chantiers jeunesse believes that a diverse team is stronger. For that reason, Indigenous people, people belonging to a marginalized ethnic or cultural group, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Under the Director’s supervision, the project officer will develop and implement the social engagement training program and oversee the Introductory Social Engagement Projects (ISEP) in partnership with high schools.
Introductory Social Engagement Projects (ISEP) Program
- Revise ISEP program content in accordance with the needs of partner high schools, NPOs and public services;
- Prepare budgets, program costs for schools, and financial contributions;
- List and approach potential host partners and prepare marketing materials;
- Develop partnerships with schools (identify schools, ensure representation from the organization and program promotion, coach and support schools as needed, negotiate partnership terms);
- Coordinate projects throughout their duration (organizing facilitation, managing relationships with partners, etc.);
- Program evaluation.
- Be practical, responsible and well-organized.
- Autonomy and proactivity.
- Effective Communication.
- Ability to successfully bring projects to completion.
- Degree in project management or a related field, or relevant life experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience in project development.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- Mastery of common Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Understand the community sector (asset)
- Experience in program development and evaluation (asset)
How to Apply?
Send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before 11:59pm on October 30, 2021.
Applications will be considered as received.