Chantiers jeunesse is a non-profit organization and is unfortunately not funded for its activities abroad. This is why registration and participation fees are applicable.
Registration fee : 50 $
Your registration and participation fees directly support the organization (e.g., office, employees’ salary) and provide the services you need.
Participation fee :
- If this is your first volunteer project with Chantiers jeunesse, the fee is $450.
- If you have already completed a volunteer camp with us, the fee is $360.
- You can also participate in several volunteer camps each year. In that case:
- The second volunteer camp will cost $150.
- Subsequent volunteer camps will cost $100.
Please note: additional fees may apply depending on the hosting partner.
The included services are:
- The Leadership in your own hands weekend (transportation and accommodation at your expense if required)
- CNESST insurance
- 24-hour assistance abroad
- The participant’s guide
- Access to Chantiers jeunesse’s educational platform
- Support in seeking financing (cashing checks if needed)
- Membership for one year and ability to participate in the general assembly
- The Volunteers Meetup (transportation and accommodation at your expense if required)
What is included during the workcamp:
- Exploration activities
- A local English-speaking camp leader
What is not included in the registration and participation fees:
- Transportation and accommodation in Montreal for the training weekend
- Plane ticket and transportation to the volunteer camp
- Additional fees that may apply depending on the hosting partners (note that there are multiple destinations that don’t have additional fees)
- Passport, and medical and hospital insurance
- Visa and vaccines if required
- Personal expenses
The budget needed for a volunteer camp abroad is approximately $2,000. This amount takes into account the plane ticket (regardless of the country) and participation fees.
To lessen your burden, you can carry out fundraising operations. There are many ways to raise funds to finance your trip. We will explain all of this in detail during the training session.