What is it?
It is a volunteer project carried out by a multicultural group (10 to 15 young people) in a community.
The projects last 2 to 3 weeks and are supervised by camp leaders. Young people are expected to volunteer around 30 hours per week.
Anyone between the ages of 15 years old and more!
For people with a residential address in Canada.
What the cost?
Chantiers jeunesse, a non-profit organization, is not subsidized for its international activities.
For this reason, registration and participation fees apply.*.
Support a cause that is important to you
Doing a volunteer project abroad is a great way to get involved in a community.
Take part in enriching activities with the local population.
Share your daily life with people from over the world.
Steps for participating in a volunteer project abroad
Watch our animated video to understand in 2min the journey that awaits you by becoming a volunteer at CJ!
The images in this video were shot before the COVID19 pandemic.
Sea Turtles Conservation
Time: 2 weeks
Location: Rincon de Guayabitos, Nayarit, Mexico
(2 places availables)
/!\ Spoken language on site: English or Spanish
The team at Rincon de Guayabitos needs help protecting four endangered species of sea turtles. This project will give you the chance to learn about the sea turtles while working alongside a team of committed biologists.
More informations about the registration and participation fees
Registration fees: 50 $
Your registration and participation fees directly support the organization (e.g., office, employees’ salary) and provide the services you need.
- If this is your first volunteer project with Chantiers jeunesse, the fee is $450.
- If you have already completed a volunteer project with us, the fee is $360.
- You can also participate in several volunteer projects each year. In that case:
- The second volunteer project will cost $150.
- Subsequent volunteer project will cost $100.
Please note: additionnal fees may apply depending on the hosting partner.
Services included are:
- The Leadership in your own hands weekend (transportation and accommodation at your expense if required)
- CNESST insurance
- 24-hour assistance abroad
- The participant’s guide
- Access to Chantiers jeunesse’s member area
- Support in seeking financing (cashing checks if needed)
- Membership for one year and ability to participate in the general assembly
- The Volunteers Meet-up (transportation and accommodation at your expense if required)
What is included during your volunteer project:
- Exploration activities
What is not included:
- Transportation and accommodation to Montreal for the training weekend
- Plane ticket and transportation to the volunteer project
- Additional fees that may apply depending on the hosting partner (note that there are multiple destinations that don’t have additional fees)
- Passport, medical and hospital insurance
- Visa and vaccines, if required
- Personal expenses
The budget needed for a volunteer project abroad is approximately $2,000. This amount considers the plane ticket (regardless of the country) and participation fees.
To lessen your burden, you can carry out fundraising operations. There are many ways to raise funds to finance your trip. We will explain all of this in detail during the training session.
Chantiers jeunesse supports volunteers at every stage of the process, from the selection to the training of volunteers and by closely monitoring the social and professional development of the volunteer throughout its volunteer project.. Contact us if you have any questions!
Are you a school or community group and want to live a mobility experience? Contact us to organize a project with us!