Official Statement March 18, 2020
Chantiers jeunesse – Social Entrepreneurship Projects
Dear social entrepreneurship project volunteers. We are contacting you today to provide you with an update on Chantiers jeunesse’s plans amidst the unique situation about the COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s normal to have concerns or questions, and that’s why Chantiers jeunesse thinks it’s important to keep you informed and to let you know which services are still available.
To everyone who is registered or who has received their invitation to participate at one or the other of the orientation weekends in April or May, here’s what to remember:
Cancelation of all Leadership in your own hands training session
- The situation regarding COVID-19 has forced us to cancel all in-person training weekends, scheduled in April and May.
- You will get more details regarding online alternatives upon registration.
Social Entrepreneurship Project Coaching
For those who want to continue planning their project, we will continue to support you.
- We’re here to help you outline or finalize your implementation plan. The coaching will be done remotely using common technological means (to be discussed with your outreach and development officer).
- Grant up to $2,500 are still available. However, processing might take up to 14 days.
- For your projects that involve public events or activities, we will help you adapt them accordingly to public safety measures issued by the different levels of government.
The Entrepreneurship Projects program will go on with minimal impact—we’ll continue processing registration, help support volunteers and fund projects, all the while following the provincial and federal governments’ recommendations.
Chantiers jeunesse’s Office
Please note that our office located at 4545 Pierre-De Coubertin Avenue will be closed until May 4th at least. The team remains available remotely to answer all your questions and help you fulfill your social engagement and reach your full potential.
We’re also reminding you that you can contact us by email and that we can call you back if needed and at your convenience. We wish you great health as well as to your family and friends.
If you have any further questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.